There is no minimum loan period, no early repayment charges and no minimum interest charge.
If the client case is unsuccessful, the loan is repaid from an insurance policy. If the case is settled, the loan is repaid from the settlement award.
Our charges are straight forward and transparent:
- An administration fee of £60 for each of the first three amounts drawn down from the loan. This is taken directly by Novitas and added to the amount drawn down
- Interest rate is between 15.3-30.3% per annum and calculated on a simple basis, i.e. there is no compounding of interest. Interest only accrues on money drawn down from the loan facility.
- Interest is calculated by taking the annual interest rate, multiplying by the amount used and dividing by the number of days it has been drawn down. For example, if the client has drawn down £6,000 for 12 months at 15.3% annual interest rate, they will pay back interest on the £6,000 of £1,156
- Recent legal precedent may make a proportion of the interest recoverable from the other side. This is not guaranteed however so assume that the interest is to be repaid from the settlement.
- The non-recoverable element of the insurance policy.
If the claim is successful, the amount we lend will be recovered from the opponent. If the claim is unsuccessful it is covered in full by a Legal Expense Insurance Policy and the client will not be liable to repay the loan.